I thought I'd bring back the old school and kill some time with a quiz, I haven't done one of these since the myspace days!
1. What is your favorite item of clothing? It's an obvious choice but it has to be my jeans. I love how they can be dressed up or down.
2. What are your biggest obsessions? Manners! The amount I go on about good manners drives people crazy. I just wish everyone was polite- we are British after all!
3. What is your favorite song right now? I'm loving a good old bit of 50's Rock and Roll, so the whole Dreamboats and Petticoats album is being played a lot. Under pressure by Queen is being played a lot too.
4. If you were a sweetie, what would you be? A truffle -lovely, amazing and sweet on the outside, even more so on the inside!
5. What's your favorite film? I couldn't chose just one, Titanic and Grease are big favourites of mine though.
6. Who's your favorite actor? Basing this purely on looks, Zac Efron
7. What are your 3 favorite smells? Dior Addict, Versace Red Jeans because it reminds me of such good times, and Starbucks
8. What did you always want to do/be when you grew up? the first thing I remember was wanting to own a hotel, then I wanted to be an air hostess, then a travel rep.
9. If someone made a short film of your life, who would play you?Reece Witherspoon, I'm not sure why, I can just see her playing me.
10. What would your perfect afternoon consist of? Sunshine, friends and laughter
11. If you were a flower, what would you be? A lilly. I like to think I leave a mark on people's lives just like a lillys pollen does on fabric
12. Tell me a random thing - a quote, a line from a song, book, movie...
'Always behave like a duck, keep calm and unruffled on surface, put paddle like f*ck underneath'
So there's a promotion going at work, basically if any of us want to go for it we can. I've been umming and ahhing over it for the last few days. It would be a huge difference, moving further away from the rest of the girls but with more responsibility.They're interviewing next week so I have to think fast.
I couldn't decide what to do and I was going over and over it in my head. So yesterday on the tube home, with the London Paper on my lap I decided to look at my star signs. Now I haven't paid attention to my stars since I was little but I thought 'what the hell'
This is what it said:
Think carefully on that big change you've been considering -and specifically, think on weather its the right big change for you. you might feel as if your life needs an overhaul -so overhaul it, by all means. Just don't fall into the trap of taking the first road out of town that you pass by..."
Basically over the past few weeks my boobs have,
let's just say 'blossomed'.
I have no idea why, no it's not 'that time of the month' I'm not pregnant and all my clothes (apart from my bras and tight tops!) still fit so I'm pretty sure I haven't gained weight.
People at work think I had a secret boob job in Mexico!
I was shopping with the girls (the actual girls, not my breasts! -behave) yesterday and they were telling me to get fitted. I was wearing a really crap bra and didn't want to show some stranger ready to put a tape around my boobs.
I've been wearing a 34C for as long as I can remember so needless to say I was falling out of it a bit too (oooh Trinny and Susanna would be so ashamed!)
So today I have been doing a bit of DIY. With the help of some websites, now I say 'help', some were just ridiculous.
After measuring myself properly, (ie. not just sat at the computer juggling a tape measure with talking to Cass on facebook chat -doing it this way I was coming up with 36AA's and that's just silly!) I noted down the measurements and started to do my research.
I started out with a bra size calculator, sounded easy enough, just a case of entering the numbers and BAM:
Bra calculator no1: 36B
(this place asked me to do 3 measurements above, below and across the bust ?)
Bra calculator no2: 34C
Bra calculator no3: 36A
... I wasn't having much luck, so decided to go for the old fashioned way. I looked on different websites for how they tell you to calculate your bra size. Ann Summers: 34D M&S: 34DD La Senza: 34D
....it was all looking promising, at least now they were all similar and more realistic sizes! Honeys Lingerie :32D Give me Bliss :30F!!Debenhams :34D Ultimo 34D Agent Provocateur 34D
So it seems 34D is the favourite, but maybe it would be best to go for the old fashioned lady with the tape to make sure!
I went on a little shopping trip today, my shoulder's starting to feel better and really needed to get out of the house.
I needed some more hair rollers, I there were the biggest I could find but they'll do for now. I need some volume! I got a new foundation brush and this really cute little eye cream/glitter (Jewel eye pot by MEMEME no.2 -for those interested!) that I really don't need but I thought it was fabulous! It has the creme on the top and at the bottom has a section with matching glitter. I'm sure I'll end up having every colour.
There were a few things by GOSH but I couldn't bring myself to buy any as they weren't on 3 for 2! Cheap, I know but that offer is on so often it seems like I'm being short changed!
I've also finally found the purple eye colour I've been looking for for so long. Nothing else has seemed bright enough, but Barry M have just bought out this limited edition gem!
And the best result was when I got out of the shop and checked the receipt I saw that the guy forgot to scan the dazzle dust! So it was free! woooo!I'd feel guilty but it was his fault, not mine -he was chatting to his mate the whole time! That'll teach him to give better customer service!
My Dad's booked a week off this week and as Mum was around too he wanted to go do something with their day. I swear Mum would happily be chained to the kitchen sink forever, she only seems to live for housework. She hardly ever goes out, she's either at the neighbours or has her friends round here for 'girls nights' rather than socialising elsewhere.
Dad's forever trying to get her to do something slightly interesting. But she is the queen of excuses! She's been using my youngest brother as an excuse for years, but he's 15 now and it's not working as well as it used to.
My Dad said to her:
"Let's go shopping, I'll buy you what ever you like but as long as its for you, not for the house or the kids"
and you know what she replied...?!
"no, it's too hot" ?!?!?!
My Dad ignored the cries of 'take me take MEEEEE!'as I leaped about behind him.